Job Description - DevOps Project Manager
The DevOps project management position will provide project management and some technical guidance to the teams across the organization on the Dev Ops initiatives. This position will manage the coordination efforts across the organization to ensure teams are aligned and working towards the defined and desired goals established.
- This position will require the individual to define and manage project plans and deliverables for the DevOps evolution across the portfolio.
- Proficiency in properly and quickly prioritizing and scoping requirements.
- The ability to work collaboratively with all parties and also engage with business partners to ensure implemented tools and technologies are being utilized to their fullest potential.
- Creating executive presentations and be able to convey story and messages clearly and concisely.
- Tracking issues and reporting statuses via use of platforms such as Jira.
- Will help lead and define the tools and technologies to complete the Point B for the devOps implementation of the selected applications; this individual will manage and report the efforts to management. This may involve tasking individuals and holding them accountable to maintain progress.
- Be well versed in Dev Ops tools, concepts and methodologies.
- Be able to perform research and provide read outs to teams on such tools and technologies.
- The individual will work with the respective Dev Ops leads and create/manage and work to complete the defined project plans and deliverables.
- The individual will take general direction and follow up to ensure all teams are working efficiently and are not being impacted or redirected due to other priorities or lack of clarity and scope. This individual will quickly escalate issues to management as appropriate.
- Provide guidance to team members in the right and proper direction (e.g. providing guidance on how to be using different DevOps tools and which tool to use).
- The identified candidate will create and organize all reporting matrices, power points and project tracking plans for applications impacted and be able to report out and communicate to upper management accordingly.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Experience with Open Source solutions and software is preferable.
- Architectural experience building and managing large scale cloud based efforts.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Technical confidence and familiarity with Dev Ops tools, techniques and more importantly, mind-set.
OneZeero is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.