Senior Application Support Engineer needed to lead a small off-shore team responsible for the support of their real-time, multi-asset class global trading platform.
This is a highly visible role supporting a business-critical platform used by global investment banks, hedge funds, asset managers and brokers.
Whilst financial experience is preferred, it is not essential, so this is an amazing opportunity to break into the financial sector.
A key part of your role will be building and developing relationships with key stakeholders and external clients to manage expectations and ensure complex incidents are resolved whilst managing the release and change control process.
You will actively be encouraged to analyse policies and practices in order to recommend new technology and ensure best practice is championed and adhered to.
This role would suit someone with in-depth application troubleshooting and analysis experience, strong database skills and AWS (Cloud) technology. Any understanding of development / languages is beneficial.
To apply you must have a combination of:
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting complex applications
- Strong experience of Cloud technology (AWS or Azure) is essential
- Experience leading a team of application support engineers
- Experience of managing business critical, real-time global trading/financial systems is advantageous
- Scripting skills: Bash, Perl, Powershell, all advantageous
- Experience with continuous integrations and deployments - (Github, Nexus, Jenkins, team city, CloudBees)
- SQL Server
- Knowledge of Windows / Linux / IIS / Apache / Nginx servers all beneficial
- Working within an ITIL environment
This is an opportunity to become a key player in the support and enhancement of a global, real-time trading platform for one of the world's leading brokers.
You will be working in a friendly collaborative environment where your opinion is valued and listened to and where you are encouraged to make a difference and "make things better".
OneZeero is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted