This is an amazing opportunity to break into the world of finance and work for a prestigious hedge fund operating within Fixed Income and Emerging...
Fullstack Java Developer - London - Hedge Fund
Based in London - Competitive Salary
My client, a specialist asset manager, seeking to deliver superior risk managed returns on fixed income investments in emerging markets. They are employee-owned with offices in London and New York and incorporates a technology driven operations platform directed at delivering high quality investment solutions for its global and predominantly institutional customer base.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior software engineer to join a company which believes that the intelligent use of modern technology is one of the keys to its success. They uses state of the art real-time systems hosted entirely in the cloud and deployed to a wide variety of devices from the desktop to the mobile. It strives to use the most modern technology without compromising business risk and has to date enjoyed this technology platform as an edge over its competitors
The successful candidate will be of exceptional talent who values teamwork and strives for high quality in their work. An affinity to test driven methodologies, mentoring, patience and a drive to push projects to completion will be demonstrated.
The successful candidate, working in a team of highly skilled technologists of various levels of experience to further the development of in-house technology that drives all areas of the business, will:
- Be able to identify and tackle any problem occurring at any level of the stack from the data storage layer up to the presentation layer;
- Solve problems using a polygot approach, using the perfect language or tool for the job;
- Draw on extensive experience with Microsoft technology, exercising skill and judgement in respect of cloud topology and design;
- Be well versed in software engineering, embracing modern developments with a solid grasp of good development practices
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Ensure reliability and quality in execution using proven track record as a mentor, providing leadership, guidance and support to team members on projects in a high pressure, live trading environment;
- Adapting to an environment where priorities can change, ensuring the highest quality output from all team members and that work is produced in a timely and efficient manner using technical knowledge and high-level communication skills;
- Providing proactive feedback within the team to improve service and quality;
- Encouraging collaboration, pairing and knowledge distribution;
- Communicate complex technical issues up to Board level and improving communication practice within the firm;
- Support the team by identifying what is and what is not working and providing ideas on improvements with both internal and external development;
Knowledge and experience required:
· Experience of working in either, and preferably both, a banking environment or a software house is essential;
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations;
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers at a global scale;
· Experience coaching software engineers including, for example, leading code and design reviews;
· Experience as a software designer and architect, who deals well with ambiguous & undefined problems.
Required to have operational experience in the majority of the following:
· Git / Bitbucket;
· Unix-like OS;
· Databases & distributed caching / streaming;
· Big Data / ML / AI;
· REST services (Spring Cloud, Wildfly, Resteasy or other);
· Serialisation (Jackson / msgpack or other);
· Asynchronicity (Project Reactor or other);
· Persistence (Hibernate or other);
· Caching and messaging (Hazelcast, MQ or other);
· Testing (JUnit / PowerMock or other);
· Domain-specific protocols (QuickFIX or other);
· Build automation (Gradle, Jenkins, Artifactory or other);
· Database versioning (Flyway or other);
· Infrastructure traceability (Terraform or other);
· Continuous code quality (SonarQube or other);
· Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD and/or CI.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.