Frontend Engineer - Leamington Spa
Help create the next generation of Academy and Emmy award winning tools!
Onezeero are working exclusively with PIX+ CODEX, a global entertainment technology company. They have a unique suite of products and an even more unique culture.
Based in the beautiful town of Leamington Spa, their cutting edge, award winning solutions have been used across the production landscape - feature films, TV and commercials. They're now looking for a Frontend Engineer to join their ConnectedSet team.
What's The Opportunity?
As a core part of the team, you'll build modern web and Electron apps. The features you build will allow creative professionals to review and process content during all stages of film production, as well as monitor storage and processing of footage. You'll get to use technologies such as React, Redux, and Babel, while also interacting with REST and GraphQL backends.
This isn't just a technical role either - you'll get to develop partnerships across the business, including the product, design, infra and developer experience teams. Every single person you work with has a passion for delivering high quality, high impact work.
Other key duties will include:
- Working with your team to architect and implement improvements, new features, and refactoring initiatives for our products
- Working across teams to ensure developers can collaborate, build and deploy our products effortlessly
- Defining APIs and architecture for application-facing features
- Writing design, usage and troubleshooting documents for other engineers and QA
- Participating in reviews and audits to ensure the security of our system
- Mentoring other team members on your areas of expertise
If being part of a global business that's making waves in the entertainment world appeals to you, then read on!
Who are you?
With a minimum 2 years of front-end development experience, you'll have a solid grasp of both traditional object-oriented and functional programming design concepts and patterns.
You'll also need a good understanding of internet networking fundamentals such as TCP/IP and HTTP. The ideal candidate will have either a BSC in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
And, in addition to the technical skills below, you'll need prior experience working with distributed/remote teams.
- Ability to work comfortably with ES6+, Babel and Webpack
- Experience with React and Redux
- Strong skills with semantic markup and modern layout best practices with CSS. Experience with CSS pre-processors is preferable
- Firm understanding of web development performance concerns - the event loop, rendering lifecycle and asynchronous programming.
Nice to haves
- Experience in building Electron apps
- Experience using Relay and GraphQL APIs
- Film or TV industry exposure
What's in it for you?
PIX+CODEX don't believe in just giving you a job - they want you to have a career. As well as a competitive salary and bonus plan, they will commit themselves to your professional development. And, you'll have access to a range of benefits including:
- Private healthcare for you and your family
- Free on-site parking
- 20 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Company pension
- Employee equity plan
Above all, you'll be part of an innovative business, where your work has a direct impact on some truly global projects.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.