Technical Product Manager London PermanentWe're looking for a Technical Product Owner/Manager to join our client's team in London. As a Technical Product Owner, you'll be...
Having just recently expanded into the US, we're building a global movement with families who fiercely believe that being good with money is a vital life skill. We Are a fast-moving company with a passion for creating cool stuff and developing a product that genuinely value-adds to our audience's lives.
Ranked 8th on TechTrack's fastest growing UK companies in 2018 and in the throes of celebrating a recent £6 million crowdfund raise we are planning a universe of flash-hot projects, from exciting brand partnerships to groundbreaking tech implementations.
After both rebranding and launching in the US last year, we are poised to make powerful advances to our product in 2019. Right now our small product team consists of a product director, product lead, UX lead and two UI designers. We are looking to increase our UX and research capacity and those who choose to join us will have the exhilarating opportunity to help shape the direction we take.
As our third UI go-to, you will work alongside our other designers, product managers and marketers, and collaborate with our developers to aid implementation of the designed user interface to ensure its quality. You will work as part of the product team to improve our sign up process and core product features, continuously iterating the design in an agile way. You'll also have the opportunity to play a vital role in continuing to develop the visual identity across all platforms and shape the UI of the product.
- A Bachelors in design or equivalent exp in UI, visual communication or Interactive design
- Expert level skills in Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator
- An outstanding portfolio that includes user-centric mobile and web-app work that
- demonstrates creativity, attention to detail and elegant, contemporary design solutions
- Knowledge of sign-up and onboarding processes
- Experience working within a consumer business
- Able to apply your skills across our website, mobile and web apps to create a cohesive
- product experience. There is a lot of scope for variety and creativity.
- Able to bring the brand to life with original, intuitive and engaging user interface
- mockups, taking a user centric approach to your work
- Experience working in Agile or Lean product team
- Ability to meet deadlines and turn around work in a timely manner
- Ability to digest a brief and create content that meets the specs
- Animation and illustration skills
- Front-end coding skills
- Experience working within fintech or e-commerce specifically
You will personally be:
- All about the details. You'll have an eye for layout, typography, colour and balance.
- Mobile-oriented. With a general bias towards mobile design you'll also be comfortable
- preparing responsive designs and crafting iconography.
- Not necessarily a kid, but definitely a whiz. We're a very diverse workforce and actively
- encourage all ages and backgrounds to apply. (Legal working ages, that is.)
- Positive, passionate and proud of your work
- A resourceful self-starter who takes initiative and relishes a chance to problem-solve
- Someone who constantly seeks to learn about new tech and evolve the work you create
- Able to take feedback, but also able to justify creative decisions and stand your ground.
Perks & details:
- Competitive salary, working full time hours
- Workplace pension scheme
- 25 days paid holiday a year
- Working in the heart of central/east London (the lunch options are unsurpassed)
- You'll get a perkbox account, with perks including:
- Free mobile phone insurance
- A free Caffé Nero hot drink each month
- Discounted cinema tickets
- Exclusive pricing on Apple products
- Loads of lifestyle perks from gym discounts, massages, spas, beauty and more
- Training opportunities to further develop your craft
- A birthday lie-in and flexible working arrangements (within reason - tailored hours and
- working from home).
- We don't want to brag, but we also throw a mean summer party!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.