Fullstack Java Developer London Hedge FundBased in London Competitive SalaryMy client, a specialist asset manager, seeking to deliver superior risk managed returns on fixed income...
This is an amazing opportunity to break into the world of finance and work for a prestigious hedge fund operating within Fixed Income and Emerging Markets. At the centre of their ethos is the belief that the intelligent use of modern technology is the key to its continued success.
You will be part of an amazing team developing state of the art real-time financial systems hosted entirely in the cloud and globally deployed to a wide variety of devices from the desktop to the mobile.
Whilst this is an opportunity to break into the financial sector, any experience of developing real-time, low latency, pricing, risk, exchange connectivity and/or trading platforms will be advantageous.
To apply, you will need a combination of the following skills and experience:
- Java 8 or above
- Git / Bitbucket;
- Databases & distributed caching / streaming
- Big Data / ML / AI
- REST services (Spring Cloud, Wildfly, Resteasy or other)
- Serialisation; Asynchronicity; multi-threading
- Caching & Messaging (Hazelcast, MQ or other)
- Testing (JUnit / PowerMock or other)
- Domain-specific protocols (QuickFIX or other)
- Build automation (Gradle, Jenkins, Artifactory or other)
- Database versioning (Flyway or other)
- Infrastructure traceability (Terraform or other)
- Continuous code quality (SonarQube or other)
- Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD and/or CI
- Experience of distributed, enterprise, real-time, low latency systems
Joining a talented team with differing levels of experience and languages, you will demonstrate the following character traits:
- Be able to identify and tackle any problem occurring at any level of the stack from the data storage layer up to the presentation layer;
- Solve problems using a polygot approach, using the perfect language or tool for the job;
- Draw on extensive experience with Microsoft technology, exercising skill and judgement in respect of cloud topology and design;
- Be well versed in software engineering, embracing modern developments with a solid grasp of good development practices
If you are interested, please get in touch ASAP as the client is actively interviewing.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.