Software EngineerTired of being told what to do? Come and work at a rapidly growing company where you have freedom to solve and innovate using...
Software Engineer - Hedge Fund - Greenfield Projects - £120,000 + Bonus
This Hedge Fund Ranked No.4 in the world are based in London and currently manage over £40 Billion in assets They are looking for a talented C#.Net developer ideally with some web skills (JS & a framework e.g. Angular/React/Vue) to develop their globally distributed, real-time, highly scalable and complex, enterprise financial systems.
They build all their own front, middle and back office systems in-house and don't have any BA's, PM's or Testers, so you are working directly with the business developing multiple Full Lifecycle Greenfield projects. The business users are also extremely engaged and supportive of development projects and can often code themselves.
They have an in-house restaurant staffed by Michelin starred chefs for both lunch and dinner, a state of the art gym and two coffee shops, all of which are free of charge to their staff!
The successful candidate will be joining the FinOps development team and will be working on the many different systems they develop, and they develop a lot.
This role will really suit someone that enjoys the direct business interaction, is delivery focused and works well under pressure.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Exceptional C# .Net programming complex, scalable, enterprise systems
- Advanced Microsoft SQL Server Development and data analytical skills
- Preference will be given to candidates with Financial Markets experience, primarily Equities and FX trading
- Experience with TDD and CI/CD
- Thorough understanding of object orientated programming and computing fundamentals
- Full Development Life Cycle experience
- Ability to deliver all aspects of a project from start to finish unassisted
- Ability to pick up existing systems and quickly get up to speed
- Ability to diagnose faults and remedy under time pressure
In addition, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional communication skills
- The ability to work without close supervision in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- The capacity to deal with ambiguity and change
Other beneficial skills or experience:
- Knowledge of Fund Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Operations and Treasury functions
- Experience with stream processing (Kafka), Elastic Search and Cloud technology.
I you are interested in this opportunity but work only on a CONTRACT basis - please get in touch also!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.