Software EngineerTired of being told what to do? Come and work at a rapidly growing company where you have freedom to solve and innovate using...
Software Engineer - Fintech Banking - Data, Python, AWS
Based: Berlin, GERMANY or Stockholm, SWEDEN
My client are currently the fastest growing Fintech company in Europe!
Their core service is to handle customer payments and claims for payments from businesses, thus eliminating the risk, both for seller and consumer. Born in Stockholm in 2005, the bank currently account for nearing half of all e-commerce sales in Sweden and now in established operations across the rest of Europe and the US, they are handling well over 20 billion in sales per year.
They are currently looking for talented and passionate Software Engineers to join their teams in the Berlin and Stockholm offices.
About the role:
My client optimises quality, flow, fast feedback and time to market. To do this we focus on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Technologies you would be working with the most: Python, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kafka and AWS.
You will work closely with committed and passionate colleagues in a team where everyone helps and educates each other. As you will work close to the business, you will receive constant feedback on your work and you can see how it really helps out in the daily work!
- Design and develop tools to improve efficiency
- Increase scalability and reliability of our systems and services
- Take part in defining the IT strategy for the department
- Challenge current systems architecture, suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Drive design discussions, assessing technical tradeoffs, establishing best practices and mentoring less experienced developers.
This is a company culture that dares to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
They help all their team develop as professionals in an entrepreneurial organisation that provides opportunity to work with your areas of interest; therefore they are looking for ambitious people with significant drive!
- You are a team player. We respect and support each other and we practice agile methodologies including pair programming.
- You are proficient in at least one major programming language, preferably Python.
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- You enjoy working with the entire life cycle of a service, from writing application code and tests to deploying it to production and supporting
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Experience with more than one general purpose programming languages
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
The successful candidate must also possess working proficiency and communication skills in both written and verbal English - you should submit your CV in English. It is also necessary to have a right to work legally within Germany.
Germany and Sweden too far? If you have a friend or past colleague in Germany or Sweden who you think might be interested - we do offer a £500 referral fee! Share my details to get in touch: , or 02039378336
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.