A global business are looking for someone to join them as an IT Innovation Manager (a hybrid role Software Developer / Innovation Consultant). They have...
Software Development Manager - Permanent or Contract-permanent
A global leader in cinematic software is looking to appoint a Software Development Manager on a permanent or contract basis.
This will be responsible for all aspects of managing a mixed agile software development team based in our West London office and for the management of our Eastern European near shored development team.
This is an exciting chance to be a key part of a company that's expanding across the globe, driving the building of world class products and leading a high performing team of technology professionals.
Due to the urgency for this position we will consider a contractor who may consider the opportunity of a permanent position, as this will ultimately be a permanent position.
· In-depth understanding of the structure and principles of running a distributed system, and familiar with one of the principles and implementations such as gRPC, Dubbo and Thrift.
· Understands components frequently used by cloud service providers and familiar with standard deployment, be able to weigh advantages and disadvantages of using cloud services.
· Approaches communication with a wide range of stakeholders with respect, diplomacy and empathy
· Extensive experience of line managing globally distributed agile software development teams and of delivering through others
· Excellent knowledge of agile working practices, and accustomed to a close partnership with Product Management
· Ability to translate strategic objectives into every day activity
· Customer focused
· Highly collaborative
· Excellent influencing skills
· Line management of UK development team and all HR issues (recruitment, nurturing and retention) - including Scrum Master, Tech Leads, developers, testers, DevOps Lead and DevOps Engineers
· Providing the best technical solutions balancing multiple factors including resource input, service charges and project deliverables.
· Following the mainstream technical trends and providing vital feedback and decision making for the business's technical solutions.
· Working to drive software quality and ensure highly performant products that meet the needs of our customers
· Oversight of and accountability for outsourced team in Eastern Europe
· Working effectively with Product Team to ensure delivery against agreed priorities
· Liaising with other stakeholders, such as Project and Support team and keeping them informed of any issues affecting delivers
· Reporting to non-English speaking Chinese CTO (through translator) and working closely with Chinese development team based in Guangzhou
· Ensuring that both non-functional requirements and technical debt are represented as part of product requirements and discussions
· Promoting agile methodology and working practices within the organisation
· Promoting DevOps culture and working practices within the organisation
· Working closely with Senior Architect and with China counterpart to ensure high technological standards across the organization
· Steering and coaching the team to provide guidance for their career development and aspirations
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.