Product Manager Permanent London The role: Your role will be to be the product owner and champion for one of our client's key platforms....
Technical Product Manager - London - Permanent
We're looking for a Technical Product Owner/Manager to join our client's team in London. As a Technical Product Owner, you'll be responsible for the definition, development and on-going enhancement of one or more platform components within our client's Innovation, Engineering and Architecture department. Your responsibilities:
- Responsible for the definition and delivery of robust and scalable platform components
- Work closely with 'business facing' Product Owners to understand end to end user journeys that deliver business value
- Work with Technology engineers, operations and architects to ensure the non-functional requirements and options for significant 'under the cover' technical investment are understood in order to drive long term flexibility, maintainability, extensibility and a smooth running operation of the component in production
- Ensure that the functional and non-functional capabilities are appropriated identified, prioritised and delivered maintaining a trade-off between delivering required features for business facing epics and non-functional / hygiene factors
- Create, manage and communicate the short, medium and long term roadmap for your component and ensure alignment to business defined milestones and deliveries
- Work with the Scrum Master and delivery team(s) assigned to your platform component to break down epics/user stories providing sufficient detail and acceptance criteria, allowing development to commence and all aspects of the feature / capability to be tested in a fully automated manner
- Ensure your platform component aligns to the agreed non-functional requirements, provides diagnostics and is delivered with a first class ability to rapidly identify, fix and deploy in reaction to production issues
- Work with Technical Authors to ensure that appropriate documentation is created for the platform component to allow long term maintainability and extensibility; and for all APIs / interfaces to facilitate integration with the component
- Ensure security and data privacy is embedded by design in all aspects of the component build and run lifecycle
- Collaborate with other technical product owners or technology functions to ensure all functional and non-functional capabilities required by any stakeholders are appropriately identified, delivered and measured (where appropriate) by the platform as a whole
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; ideally in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline
- Experience in product and engineering management in a complex environment
- Ideally experience from organisation with strong software engineering ethos
- Ideally experience from a number of industries, such as Financial Services, Gaming / Gambling, Media / Advertising, Retail / eCommerce.
- Experience with online collaboration tools such as Office365 and the Atlassian toolset
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to effectively communicate between business leaders and tech talent pool demonstrating stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Strong understanding of market trends and best practices within technology and technical product management
- Skilled at defining and prioritising technical product initiatives in a complex architecture
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.