UX / UCD Engineer - global media group, Central London - £450-£500 per day
A global media group in Central London is looking to appoint a UX Engineer to join them on an initial contract basis. This will sit in their newly formed product department and will be involved in scoping, designing and evolving a brand-new platform.
This role requires a strong senior hands-on UX Designer, with evidential experience working on data-centric or service-design platforms.
The UX Engineer will be working on a new greenfield product for the global media group; therefore this will suit a UX Engineer who is looking to get stuck into a new challenging product-orientated role.
The UX Engineer will work with senior C-suite stakeholders, as well as engaging with users and their resident UX Researcher.
As this is NOT a visual design role, they are looking for someone with excellent core UX/IA driven skills
- Excellent UX skills across the UCD spectrum, working experience and advocates of evidence-based design decision-making through research and observation.
- In-depth knowledge and evidence via portfolio/case studies of having worked with data, testing, research and analytics
- Significant industry experience working within a digital process/function, either client or agency-side (or preferably a combination).
- Proven product/platform design experience.
- Experienced and able to work in each of the stages of product design from discovery and research to design, test and measuring the impact of said solution/idea.
- Experience working with Agile, Lean UX methodologies and concept of MVP.
- Experience or awareness of media (offline/digital media highly advantageous, but not essential).
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and internal stakeholders.
- Experience and understanding of design system thinking.
- Worked with Product Managers, the business and technical teams to determine different approaches to support business solutions.
- Strong experience in prototyping; including experience with tools like Axure & InVision.
- Excellent core UX/IA-driven skills.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.