We're hiring a Tester with automation skills to join a leading organisation in Manchester.
Join a new agile development team with a compelling mission. You'll be joining the programme from the start, so it's a chance to deliver something truly special from its early stages.
Your responsibilities will include:
Understanding and analysing testing requirements, and working with colleagues to plan and manage the work to perform and monitor testing;
Producing documentation which details the approach to test planning and execution;
Designing test scenarios and cases, making sure the collateral produced will verify the solution proposed, and can be fully traced back to the initial requirements;
Reviewing and managing test execution and results, including regression testing and retesting activities across the different testing phases;
Creating test completion reports which document defects clearly and concisely, reporting and raising them in good time.
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience of automated testing, with the proven capability to set up a test automation framework, and experience with a number of tools and technologies related to automated testing. You'll have a history of delivering across a wide range of software delivery and transformation projects, including large change programmes in a technology environment. You'll also be no stranger to agile working, and a great development team member.
You'll also bring:
- Experience of developing bespoke testing frameworks, test strategy and planning, reporting, defect management, and behaviour-driven development
- An understanding of the financial services industry, particularly retail banking
- Solid technical skills in Java, Cucumber, Cloud Technologies, JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledge of DevOps approaches and working practices
- Creativity, exceptionally high standards, and the desire to continue learning
- Great interpersonal skills, so you can work with both senior business and technical stakeholders
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.