3rd Line Support EngineerThis is an exciting opportunity for a 3rd Line Engineer to join an industry leading investment business, based in Alderley Edge, who...
Lorien is currently looking for a 1st Line Engineer to join a global marketing agency at one of their offices in central Manchester.
It's an exciting time to join as they are in the process of bringing their IT under one roof and they have big plans of becoming 100% digital by 2020.
As a 1st Line Engineer, you will be responsible for providing support to their global user base and be part of a Global Service Desk Team across Europe, Middle East, Africa, Canada, North and South America. You will demonstrate a clear knowledge of the ITIL framework (ITIL qualification is an advantage), experience in and understanding of how to build and deliver great service to both internal and external customers.
In addition, the Technical Support Specialists will perform Network Operations Centre (NOC) duties, including monitoring of the global estate, analysis of issues & problems, trouble-shooting and incident response, communication with relevant support teams (including local IT) and tracking of problems through to resolution.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup, network configuration and application management
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
The requirements for this role are:
- Good understanding of current Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating systems. 2012 R2 /2016 - Windows 8.1/10 Support and management of AD/DNS/DHCP
- MS Office suite knowledge
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Network troubleshooting, TCP/IP and general WAN/ LAN troubleshooting
- Experience of SCCM administration, packaging and deployment
- Experience of Casper administration
- Understanding of an Identity Management system - Okta experience desirable
- Exposure to Citrix desirable
- Strong ability to diagnose server or network alerts, events or issues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects with minimal supervision
This is a role with a quick turnaround, so if you are interested and meet the requirements above, apply for immediate consideration!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.