Looking for a career, not just a job? A 2nd Line Support Engineer is required to join a leading international business as they expand rapidly...
Looking for a career, not just a job?
A 1st Line Support Engineer is required to join a leading international business as they expand rapidly into Manchester. You'll be joining a new specialised support centre, operating globally, where you will be supporting the latest technologies within a customer centric environment. As the 1st Line Support Engineer you will be responsible for providing support to a global user base.
This is an exciting opportunity for a 1st Line Support Engineer looking to work within a vibrant, global business, where you will be able to add value, be valued and have a clear career progression path.
The business state of the art offices are located in an easily accessible location in the city centre, with excellent public transport Links.
Your new role:
As the 1st Line Technical Support Engineer, you will have the opportunity to upskill and grow, supporting various latest technologies within a busy support environment. Your role will include the following tasks:
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues such as account set-up and network configuration
- Ensuring all issues are properly logged
- Escalation of unresolved issues
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Monitoring the performance and capacity of computer systems using a wide variety of tools
- Track and document all issues and resolutions in detail
As the 1st Line Support Engineer, you will have already worked within a Service Desk or Technical Support environment. You will enjoy being customer centric and being able to get stuck-in. In addition to this, the following experience would be highly beneficial to your application:
- Understanding of ITIL processes
- Experienced support Windows and Mac platforms, desktop and infrastructure with a solid understanding of networks
- Windows Server and Desktop OS - 2012 R2/2016, Windows 8.1/10
- Network troubleshooting - TCP/IP, LAN/WAN
- Exposure to SCCM administration, packaging and deployment
- Experience of Casper administration
- Team player and have excellent communication skills
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced 1st Line Technical Support Engineer looking to join a global business where you have a clear, defined career path and exposure to enterprise technologies. You will have the opportunity to continue advancing your career within Technical Support or another area within IT.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.