Senior Data Engineer A global group in central London is looking to appoint a Senior Data Engineer on a permanent basis.This role will manage...
A global group, who are one of the world leaders in their industry, is looking to appoint a Senior Enterprise Data Architect.
It will work on data-centric projects as part of the extended Global Architecture team.
The Enterprise Data Architect will face off into the local change programmes and global change programmes, guiding data architecture, modelling and analytics activities and maximising the value of the data and leverage other investments made across the network globally such as MDM and the adoption of global technology platforms such as Salesforce, Dynamics 365 and media systems. They will also progress building a global set of best practices for data.
- Maximize the value derived from data and analytics, working with structured and unstructured data
- Influence data and information strategy
- Contribute to and evangelise the evolution of master data management (MDM) and metadata management
- Aid the definition of data classification and data zoning
- Collaborate on data architecture standards and patterns supporting effective and efficient data sharing and exchange
- Ensure effectiveness of extract, transform, load (ETL) processes.
- Support the development of data policy or data management strategy
- Provide technical advice and analysis of Business Intelligence platforms and reporting solutions.
- Liaise with external vendors to ensure business solutions are effective
- Ensuring the effective interlock between the teams delivering new business and technology capabilities across works streams and programmes
- Creation of reference data architectures and supporting regional variations
- Review of solutions against Data Architecture principles and technology blueprint including assessment of impact of non-compliance
- Participating in and facilitating knowledge sharing forums for Data and Analytics to keep communities informed and aligned
- Work with Architects on establishing best working practices for Architecture
- Reporting to the Global Architecture Director - progress, risks, issues and potential solutions to ensure technology risk is managed
- Collaboration with other Data, Platform and Enterprise architects in the Global Architecture team to be the reference point for how their solutions best adopt best practices and standards
- Experience in technology functions in large multinational organisations
- Experience as a Data or Enterprise architect
- Strong business and data analysis skills for both structured and unstructured data
- Solid background working with data and Information Management
- A strong understanding of data warehouse concepts and methodologies and experience implementing a Data Warehouse
- Experienced with distributed management and analytics in cloud and hybrid environments
- Understanding of common data architecture frameworks and data models
- Has a delivery focus with a demonstrable record of understanding the business priorities and delivering against your role effectively - for example identifying issues and proposing solutions while working to understand the needs and pressures on others
- Has strong stakeholder management and influencing skills - will be able to facilitate others to reach an appropriate conclusion, as well as deal with difficult conversations
- Able to prioritise, be calm under pressure and take accountability for the work delivered
- Able to put structure over an environment of high ambiguity and complexity to achieve practical outcomes
- Has strong organisation and project management skills
- Has strong verbal, written and non-verbal communication skills
- Is self starting and pragmatic, asking for help when necessary and offering it as appropriate
- Has a highly professional, flexible, and collaborative approach
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.