Oracle Cloud Financials Consultant Leading ConsultancyOur client is a leading, global consultancy with an established and successful Oracle Practice which is growing rapidly in the...
Senior Oracle Developer - London
My client is looking for an experienced Oracle Developer to work alongside an existing team of developers, product managers and business users to provide ongoing support and maintenance for a number of business critical, bespoke systems, sitting on an Oracle platform.
You will be responsible for designing, developing new modules, screens, batch processes by working alongside business analysts and .NET developers. Upon completion of development, you would be responsible for unit testing, making sure code developed works as expected and developed to the desired quality and standard.
- Code design and development for larger projects using Oracle SQL, PL/ SQL and Oracle Forms
- Developing data migration scripts while moving data across databases, from flat files, excel to tables, etc.
- Ownership and maintenance of data models
- Monitoring scheduled job failures
- Interacting with business users to assist them with problem investigation
- Interacting with front end developers as part of the development process
- Adheres to processes in place for live deployment and support
- Looks for improvements of existing processes and updates relevant documentation
- Looks for and explores new features in latest software releases which could be beneficial to existing or new projects.
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Must have experience in Database Development using Oracle PL/SQL
- Must have strong SQL writing skills and data analysis using SQL Plus/ Toad/ SQL developer
- Must have experience in debugging PL/SQL code
- Must have experience in Oracle Forms 11g or 12c
- Experience with ETL processWorking knowledge of partitioning and materialised views
- Must have experience of working in support environment with good problem solving and analytical skills
- Must show fluency in working within standard procedures and within a project life cycle
- Must have knowledge of database best practices
- Must have attention to detail
- Unix skills desirable
- Keen interest of database development using Oracle
- Keen in understanding the workings of an application
Pleas apply directly if interested.
Please note, we can only accept applications from candidates who have exisiting eligibility to reside and work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.