UX / UCD Engineer global media group, Central London £450-£500 per dayA global media group in Central London is looking to appoint a UX Engineer...
UI Visual Designer
A vast programme of work for a world leading media company based in Central London, requires a Senior UI Visual Designer to join their newly formed product department.The designer will be a true team player; teaming with others from different disciplines - in particular business analysis and user experience. Their attitude and approach to tackling design challenges is probably the most important aspects of this role.They will be used to working with C-suite and senior stakeholders, as well as engaging with users and our resident UX researcher - to drive the product forward. They will be used to testing and iterating their visual design concepts.We are seeking candidates who happily get their hands stuck into creating and iterating core visual design components, page designs and flows, design system rationale and specification documentation where necessary. Experience using Marvel to create clickable prototypes or similar is advantageous.
- 6-10 years industry experience working within a digital process/function, either client or agency-side (or preferably a combination) in UI design roles.
- This is NOT a UX role, but you'll be collaborating with IA and UX specialists.
- Working with Agile, Lean UX methodologies and concept of MVP.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate visual design process, ideas, and solutions to teams and internal stakeholders.
- Worked with Product Managers, the business and technical teams to determine different approaches to support business solutions.
- They will be able to show and talk through examples in their portfolio that demonstrate design system thinking rather than bespoke design work.
- Responsive product, service or desktop platform design. Candidates with purely advertising/e-commerce will not be appropriate.
- UCD approach to UI visual design, iterating interfaces with an attention to detail on pushing the UX patterns to create the most simple, elegant experiences.
- Designing visual design systems and style guidelines.
- Iconography design - creation from scratch.
- Rationale on your design thinking is as important as the visual design itself; we'd like to hear the visual storytelling behind your design work.
The Designer will have in-depth experience of the following:
- They will be advocates of a considered design process, yet flexible enough to adapt their approach to deliver artefacts in as lean a manner as possible, in order drive the product forward.
- The designer will have worked on projects where UX research, testing have played a part into their visual design process through to delivery. They will be strong advocates of evidence-based visual design decision-making; through data, research, observation and insight.
- As a Senior UI Visual Designer you will be involved in designing and evolving a brand-new platform of tools, that strikes a balance between the internal user needs and requirements, and objectives of the business. This role offers a unique opportunity to be part of a relatively new product team, working to shape and influence a product from the very early stages - quite a rarity!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.