Senior Data EngineerMy Client is one of the fastest growing and most successful data analytics firms in Europe. In result of this they take training,...
Senior Data Engineer
A global group in central London is looking to appoint a Senior Data Engineer on a permanent basis.
This role will manage and mentor a data team. You will have a deep understanding of and be able to coach and mentor the team in optimised data practices.
They are looking for Engineers who bring ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, master data management, analytics and data quality and stewardship as they need Engineers to be versatile, to display leadership qualities in taking on new problems. You will design, test, deploy and maintain data solutions.
- Be instrumental in helping to develop the company's Enterprise Data Hub strategy and vision
- Responsible for delivering the interim Master Data Management solution components and future iterations
- Engaging with key stakeholders to understand and define data requirements
- Understand and document data structure and business rules within sources systems
- Focus on identifying underlying data issues using data quality and profiling tools as appropriate
- Contribute to the analysis, design, development and delivery of data migration, data integration and MDM projects by performing complex data mapping and data conversion activities using tools where available
- Assist in technology selection where appropriate and justifiable to create the future platform for the Enterprise Data Hub
- Following the creation of the Master Data Management team, line management responsibility of an agile team who will look to you as a mentor to develop their skills and as a coach to guide them through development
- Allocate your team's workload and manage the expectations of key stakeholders
- Collaborate with other Leads in Data Engineering and other Technology functions (e.g. DevOps, Security) to deliver secure, reliable, robust and scalable data solutions
- Identify and implement data best practices in conjunction with your peers, both within Enterprise Architecture, Integration and Technology as a whole
- Troubleshoot and take ownership of issues in our development, test and production environments. Including performance optimization and continuous tuning
- Continuous learning and evaluation of the latest development methods, tools, and technologies
- Significant data engineering experience
- Proven experience managing small data teams and mentoring engineers
- Hands on project delivery experience within a number of data related initiatives. This should include experience of data design, data mapping and data quality assessment
- Demonstrable experience with a number of data related projects
- Industry experience working with Master Data solutions i.e. Informatica, Talend etc.
- Proficient in the use of multiple database technologies i.e. Postgres, Mongo, SQL etc,
- Proficient in one or more data related programming languages i.e. Python, R, SQL
- Proficient in the use of Google analytics, Power BI , Tableau
- Highly experienced in Agile development
- Knowledge of cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery an advantage
- Knowledge of microservice architecture and API Management an advantage
- Working experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes an advantage
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.