Senior Data EngineerMy Client is one of the fastest growing and most successful data analytics firms in Europe. In result of this they take training,...
Senior Data Engineer (Master Data Management) - Team Lead position - PERMANENT
One of the world's largest media groups is looking to appoint a Senior Data Engineer, with strong experience within Master Data Management, to join them permanently.
This will work on the development of the global Enterprise Data Hub, and will own the MDM within this.
This position will also lead a small team of Data Engineers, therefore they are looking for someone who has leadership experience.
The position of Senior Data Engineer will:
- Be instrumental in helping to develop the company's Enterprise Data Hub strategy and vision
- Responsible for delivering the interim Master Data Management solution components and future iterations
- Engaging with key stakeholders to understand and define data requirements
- Understand and document data structure and business rules within sources systems
- Focus on identifying underlying data issues using data quality and profiling tools as appropriate
- Contribute to the analysis, design, development and delivery of data migration, data integration and MDM projects by performing complex data mapping and data conversion activities using tools where available
- Assist in technology selection where appropriate and justifiable to create the future platform for the Enterprise Data Hub
- Following the creation of the Master Data Management team, line management responsibility of an agile team who will look to you as a mentor to develop their skills and as a coach to guide them through development
- Allocate your team's workload and manage the expectations of key stakeholders
- Collaborate with other Leads in Data Engineering and other Technology functions (e.g. DevOps, Security) to deliver secure, reliable, robust and scalable data solutions
- Identify and implement data best practices in conjunction with your peers, both within Enterprise Architecture, Integration and Technology as a whole
- Troubleshoot and take ownership of issues in our development, test and production environments. Including performance optimization and continuous tuning
- Continuous learning and evaluation of the latest development methods, tools, and technologies
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will have experience within the following:
- Significant data engineering experience
- Proven experience managing small data teams and mentoring engineers
- Hands on project delivery experience within a number of data related initiatives. This should include experience of data design, data mapping and data quality assessment
- Demonstrable experience with a number of data related projects
- Industry experience working with Master Data solutions i.e. Informatica, Talend etc.
- Proficient in the use of multiple database technologies i.e. Postgres, Mongo, SQL etc,
- Proficient in one or more data related programming languages i.e. Python, R, SQL
- Proficient in the use of Google analytics, Power BI , Tableau
- Highly experienced in Agile development
- Knowledge of cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery an advantage
- Knowledge of microservice architecture and API Management an advantage
- Working experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes an advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.