Information Security manager (£60,000 £75,000) Financial ServicesMy client is a modern financial services firm based in Central London that uses the best technology on the...
This is an exciting time for you to join a multinational media and digital marketing company fully focused on becoming a 100% digital economy business by 2020 through content, media and commerce. Being well placed to build capability, scale and sustainable growth as a high performance business; their strategy is driven by a unique culture with one vision (to innovate the way brands are built), one set of values and a unique operating model which drives collaboration, client focus and attention.
You will need to be a free thinking leader to help my client build a new Global SRE team to support their cloud based platforms. The new SRE function will work alongside the Global DevOps teams and will align with its values and practices. As SRE Manager, you will manage a team of talented analysts and engineers to ensure the new production and test platforms are stable, flexible, scalable, robust, highly available and can handle partial failure without business impact. You and your team will work alongside the Global DevOps team and will share the same ethos and principles in terms of testing, release management, configuration management and automation.
You will have proven experience of managing a global support team within a large scale distributed platform and be able to coach and mentor the team. My client is looking for people who bring new ideas from all areas, and are eager to challenge existing paradigms.
- You will be required to hire and build a new global SRE team who will be ultimately responsible for the operational stability and availability of the production and test systems
- This role will involve regular UK travel with occasional travel abroad
- Line Leadership of your team of engineers and analysts (onshore and offshore), who will look to you as a mentor to develop their skills and as a coach to guide them.
- Work alongside the Global DevOps lead(s) in close collaboration to strengthen and support the DevOps operating model
- Collaborate with other Leads in Data Engineering (Lead Architect, Lead Automation Tester) and other Technology functions to deliver secure, reliable, robust, scalable solutions which can be built, tested and deployed through the Route to Live and into Production using continuous integration / delivery
- Allocate your team's workload and manage the expectations of key stakeholders
- An individual thinker, not afraid to think outside of the box and to challenge pre-conceived ideas.
- Proven experience managing globally distributed 24/7 production support teams.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
If you are interested in this role then please apply now
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.