BI Developer SQL Server 2012 / SSIS / SSAS / SSRS / Power BI / Azure Central London £45k + BenefitsBusiness Intelligence Developer is required...
Our client a leading international provider of online payment solutions. They are built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain. We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration. Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transfer wise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimize their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers. We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
About the role
This is an exciting time to be joining an expanding Fintech organisation as the system environment is going through changes, having recently moved to AWS, making it a great chance to bring all your creative ideas to help build a system for the future.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about technology and relish a challenge. This role is very much hands-on where you will be helping to take our systems to the next level.
You will have the opportunity to work with passionate and driven engineers and contribute to making a real difference.
- Bring ideas to help shape and implement the future DB architecture for the company globally
- Day-to-day management of DBA and associated tasks across development, test, UAT and production environments
- Pro-actively help to devise database improvement plans along with future database growth
- Work with the engineering and development teams to provide support on new projects
- Get hands on with query and system optimisation work
- Collaborate and engage with multiple teams across various locations and disciplines
- Troubleshoot and resolve production database issues
- Ensure that all the systems are performing at their best on a day to day basis
- Coordinate and help to implement database changes for in-house code releases and for database maintenance releases
- Help the Senior DBA implement and maintain policies and procedures for database administration
- Provide on-call and operational support after hours, as needed
- Ideally have experience with the implementation, maintenance and support of a NoSQL environment
- Ideally have experience with the implementation, maintenance and support of an Elastic Search environment
- 3+ years' DBA experience covering at MySQL and MS SQL 2016 (or 2014)
- Desirable: Experience with the implementation, maintenance and support of a Couchbase NoSQL environment
- Desirable: Experience with the implementation, maintenance and support of a ElasticSearch environment
- Good knowledge of T-SQL and stored procedures
- Prior experience in a 24x7, high-traffic OLTP environments advantages
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Fluent in English
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.