This company in the heart of Manchester city centre with a presence in over 190 countries is enjoying huge growth as they provide the opportunity to learn a fun and new hobby with over 50,000 cool products in store and online!
They pride themselves on having a culture that is inclusive, collaborative and based around you being the best you can be with a healthy work/life balance and flexible working hours.
Working in a real flat structure, everyone is a real techie, from new starters all the way up to board level they remain hands-on and encourage open and honest feedback with the aim to produce quality work that improves systems and their customer experience.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be excited by new challenges and working in such a collaborative and info sharing environment.
You will work on multiple projects from a large scale architecture redesign and development or a Greenfield integration piece with a brand new supplier or a revamp of the website and APIs.
You will champion best practice and love researching and presenting new technologies that can have a real positive impact on the business.
You will work alongside their software engineering, architecture and testing teams to create a stable platform that enables:
- Scalable and resilient applications
- Effective software development
- Safe, easy & reliable releases (working towards CI/CD)
- Testing, QA, profiling, unit testing or documentation
You will need to be comfortable working with and have knowledge of;
- Cloud-based Linux environments: Google Cloud Platform, some AWS
- Containerisation & Virtualisation: Docker, Kubernetes, AppEngine
- Scalable and complex distributed systems
- Infrastructure as code with Ansible and Terraform
- Web servers: Apache & Nginx
- MySQL, Percona - including HA configuration & replication
- NoSQL & Search (Datastore, Elasticsearch/Lucene)
- Memcache, Queueing systems, Pub/Sub technologies
- Build & deployment tools: GitHub, Composer, Travis, PHPUnit
- Performance optimisation: xhprof, xdebug, cloud traces, Stackdriver
- An API ecosystem, using OAuth, HMAC, JSON over HTTPS
- DNS & associated domain management
- Networking & HTTP fundamentals
- A solid understanding of security, awareness of DoS & DDoS scenarios
In return, they will give you:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) per year.
- A 'go home' culture where no one is expecting you to be still in the office past your working hours.
- A personal career development plan and regular one to ones.
- Twice yearly pay reviews that are not tied to the company's performance or your current job title.
- A Windows, Mac or Linux laptop, and we'll buy your IDE of choice
- Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme, helping you to manage personal issues at work and at home.
- Flexible working hours and no dress code.
- Company lunches and social events.
- Share grant scheme.
- Employer pension scheme.
- Eyecare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- A great coffee machine 😊
This is a company that is actively interviewing and hiring now, so if you want to be part of this amazing success story and work in a fun and exciting environment with a collaborative and family atmosphere, get in touch asap!
OneZeero is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted