Global Operations Change Manager London PERMOur client are looking for a Global Operations Change Manager to join their London office on a permanent basis. This...
Global Operations Project Manager
My client is a leading global media advertising agency based in Central London.
Most of my clients organisation's activity is delivered and managed locally in our markets, with a small Global Operations function providing guidance, support & cross-market coordination. The Global Operations Project Manager will manage a number and variety of projects across our Global operations, which will support improvements in ways of working for the benefit of our clients and our people. Projects will largely be around improvement people and process operations, rather than technology/IT projects.
The project manager will manage internal and external teams (from Global to Local) through the project lifecycle from the initial requirements and discovery processes through mobilisation, solution design and implementation phases.
- Confirming the project scope
- Producing and agreeing the terms of reference
- Creating and maintaining the project plan
- Ensuring the appropriate resource is available for the project
- Managing the Steering Committee (if required)
- Successfully mobilising the project
- Manage project progress
- Maintain RAID log and other project documents
- Problem solving
- Risk and Issue management, escalating to senior stakeholders for resolution
- Ensure third parties and internal teams deliver to agreed plan
- Change management (working with and managing the input of the Change Manager):
- Ensure effective change management plans are agreed
- Working with the Global Communications team to agree a communications strategy and plan
- Coordinate implementation and deployment activities including piloting, training and support
- Work with existing communities of users and experts to ensure there is alignment on approach and successful adoption of the solution
- Project status reporting to stakeholders
- Work directly, or via internal teams, to ensure that client teams are engaged and support the project
- Manage other internal stakeholders within the organisation as required
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5 years project and change management experience, preferably in media or related industries
- Experience of managing projects in global and/or large-scale organisations
- Full experience of project lifecycle
- Matrix management experience
- Strategic and pragmatic - take practical approach to client's needs while also recognising the strategic opportunities possible from implementation of the solution
- Mobilisation and influencing skills - initiate global delivery and transition activities successfully, corralling and coordinating resources from across the network, and ensure effective engagement to influence and lead client team(s). Have confidence to challenge the thinking and approach where required
- Completer/finisher - ensure successful completion of programmes
- Strong communication verbal, written and stand-up presentation skills, able to liaise with colleagues from all regions and markets
- Excellent stakeholder/relationship management and influencing skills, with an ability to bring a diverse set of stakeholders (with many competing priorities) together into high performing teams
- Comprehensive and effective communication skills
- Planning and budgeting skills
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of media technology, data and analytics (preferred)
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Skilled in use of O365 suite plus recognised project management tools
- Self-starter, able to spot opportunities for more effective approaches to project management and take the initiative to deliver these with minimal direction
- Strong attention to detail, taking pride in delivering first class outputs
- Passionate about delivering programmes and projects to a high standard, in time and on time, sustainably achieving their desired benefits.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.