Senior Data Software Engineer £600-700/day LondonMy client is a world leading media marketing business and is continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by...
Senior Data Scientist - Central London
I am currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join a customer analytics business in central London.
As a business they strive to understand the customer at an individual level. This throws up some seriously difficult problems, right at the cutting edge of deep customer analysis. As a Senior Data Scientist you will model user interests and behaviour, and apply this insight to solve challenging customer problems at scale.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, bright and focussed Senior Data Scientist to join a cutting-edge engineering team. We're tackling some of the biggest questions in big data analytics, and have built a world-class insights platform capable of understanding, categorising, expanding and adding semantic information to millions upon millions of profiles within milliseconds. You will be directly involved with improving and building the core platform, working closely with the rest of the development team to provide a host of new features and performance improvements, working with some of the biggest, blue chip clients and the largest data sets in the world.
Senior Data Scientist
What you'll do
- Define and prototype new approaches to existing data enrichment techniques
- Create entirely new kinds of data enrichment that add value to customer profiles
- Define metrics for assessing the quality of the data produced
- Implement validation frameworks and methodologies to regularly measure our data against these metrics
What we're looking for
- Strong empathy and communication skills
- Bright people who are pragmatic and
- Adaptability - for example, a varied technological background
- Strong interest in technology and problem solving - evidence of working on own projects a bonus - (e.g. contributing to open source repositories like github)
- Agile approach to solving problems - client first mentality, being pragmatic, importance of doing (tested) baby steps to grow your product.
- Experience with at least one programming language, preferably Python or Scala
- A solid foundation in statistical modelling/econometrics and computing
Nice to haves:
- Spark / MapReduce
- Bayesian modelling
- Information retrieval
If you have the desired skills and experience and would be interested in finding out more please respond to this advert by following the link below and attaching a copy of your most recent CV. If successful someone will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.