PRODUCT OWNER (SPORTS BETTING) PERMANENT LONDONSuitable candidates will have experience in one of the following: Sports / Sports Betting / Gaming / Gambling / Casinos...
Head of Product Compliance
You, the Head of Product Compliance, will be reporting to the Group General Counsel and will head up the Compliance and Regulatory areas of the B2C Sports betting platform division within a world renowned global company.
You will be accountable for oversight of all current and potential regulated activities undertaken by our organisation to ensure that regulatory opportunities, challenges and risks are effectively identified, managed and escalated. This role will involve leadership, management and oversight of all jurisdictional compliance related to activity in all relevant parts of the organisation.
As the Head of Product Compliance you will need to be comfortable managing governance, providing compliance and regulatory advice to all levels. You will devise and implement a compliance monitoring framework to cover all active regulatory jurisdictions. Therefore, you will also advise on newly regulated jurisdictions, the regulatory viability of new commercial opportunities, and be a consultant to the Product Division on the compliance of features and services for both new customer implementations and product innovations.
This is a varied and crucial role within the business and key areas of focus will include:
- Work closely with the Policy team and business in the development and maintenance of policies and standards specifically for the regulatory areas of responsibility.
- Lead, manage and organise the product compliance activities across all aspects of the organisation.
- Keep the business informed on the latest trends and regulatory direction specifically to drive product strategy
- Highlight opportunities to be first mover or alternative approaches to market entry
- Deal with a variety of topics related to the operations of the company, acting as a service provider to and working in close collaboration with stakeholders within the business, and managing external legal services - what does this mean?
- Research and remain abreast of developments in multi-national regulatory online gambling regimes and ensuring mitigation of potential risk and/or compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Obtain and maintain necessary gaming licenses by managing license applications and ensuring compliance with licence conditions and requirements.
- Advising on compliance of contracts with third parties
- Supporting and managing internal relationships with operational teams across the business with respect to compliance
- Responsible for regulatory reporting for both internal and external stakeholders.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Significant and proven Regulatory and Compliance experience
- Highly Organised with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work independently and take full ownership of tasks
- Ability to manage a growing team
- Self-motivated and a solution seeker with an optimistic approach
- Enjoys working with people and building relationships at all levels and disciplines within the business
- Down to earth and a life - long learner
- A relevant professional qualification would be advantageous
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.