Lead Developer- Alderley Edge. I'm currently working with a client who due to the number of in house projects they are looking to bring on...
About The Company
My client helps build consumer relationships by communicating their products and brands effectively. Our distinctive and innovative range of products and services include marketing and communications strategies through digital creative execution, media planning and buying, mobile applications, SEO, content creation, brand tracking and marketing analytics.
Through their global network brands and supported by our growing specialist/multi-market brands we provide best-in-class expertise and capabilities in brand, media and digital communications services.
The Test Lead is to ensure system change implementations are error free with minimal disruption to operations through detailed testing. The Test Lead will ensure appropriate engagement and oversight of testing quality and develop a testing plan for each project to include scope and objectives specification of test activities.
Key activities this role will be focussing on are as follows:
- Evaluate testability and identify and prioritise test conditions
- Design, prioritise and manage high level cases and design test environment, test preparation and execution
- Finalise test cases, create test data and scripts
- Verify test environment and traceability
- Execute test procedures and log outcomes, comparing actual results with expected record discrepancies.
- Design and manage the processes and controls to ensure testing meets agreed quality standards and all relevant stakeholders have visibility of testing progress and quality
- Coordinate test resources, track progress and issue management
- Liaise with work stream team leads and key business stakeholders to gain issue resolution
- Provide regular updates on progress statistics/reporting to senior stakeholders
- Obtain required sign offs from key stakeholders
- Provide regular MI in terms of test progress, defects raised/closed and track against milestones by working closely with key stakeholders
What we're looking for:
- Prior project experience as a Test Lead
- Familiar with common testing concepts, principles, approaches, tools and methods such as the SDLC
- Experience of working with lifecycle services, VSTS and MTM
- Working with defined planning and control processes
- Strong communication skills with staff and customers at all levels, including listening and providing answers
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience of working with third party suppliers
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams, composed of System Integrator, Supplier and customer
- Familiar with systems development lifecycle
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
- Experience with finance system testing
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.