Senior Data Engineer RoleMy client are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join their commodities trading team in Central London. This project will focus...
Senior Data Engineer
My client is a Unique Data Driven consulting firm with a focus on using data to drive business growth. This unique business combines state of the art tools, with a relentless drive to add outsized benefit to our clients. We believe in getting the data fundamentals right and avoid over complicating projects by working in an agile way.
The Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for delivering high quality data outcomes via. modern data sourcing, integration and modelling techniques. They will work as part of a small the delivery team and often be semi-embedded within a client team as well.
- Python/SQL - the ability to design and implement well designed scripts. These should follow industry best practice and be easily scalable and human readable.
- Data Modelling - the ability to design well-structured tables that are at the correct grain and structured for widespread use (e.g. using Kimball modelling).
- Software Engineering Mindset - the ability to automate tasks and work to deploy production standard code (with unit testing, continuous integration, versioning etc.).
- Stakeholder Influence - the ability to clearly communicate your work and ultimately provide confidence in order to drive change in a business.
- Business Insight - the ability to understand complex business processes and break down fuzzy requirements into actionable segments.
- Coaching and Training - the ability to collaborate effectively with both the client and delivery teams - sharing your experience and helping others to grow their skillset.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.