Onsite Support Engineer £45,000My client is a managed service company based in central London. They have won numerous awards across the board for their business....
Application Support Analyst
The Application Support Analyst is responsible for the provision of application maintenance and support services to users of my client's business systems; including CRMs, VMS's and online time sheeting applications. The Application support Analyst reports to the Team Leader of Application Support/ Finance Systems.
- Providing application configuration and maintenance on CRMs, time sheeting and other business systems; by becoming an expert on the use of all aspects.
- Delivering support to existing business users and investigating and resolving application errors, data discrepancies and queries
- Talking to staff on how to use the product or resolve query over the phone and email
- Create and update user guides, self-help documents and FAQ's to support customer product knowledge
- Retain ownership of open calls and manage the expectations of users vs. agreed service levels
- Working with team members to Identify and propose application system changes, better uses, enhancements and developments and liaising with appropriate vendors, users and the IT Team
- Liaising with 3rd parties on technical issues to resolve user problems. Undertake such other comparable duties as may be required from time to time.
- As an employee you have a responsibility to co-operate with managers in ensuring that the workplace is safe for everyone by taking reasonable care not to do anything that might endanger you or others, either through your actions or lack of action
- Working with external suppliers and consultants
- Receive and log requests for support from service desk, other service delivery staff and/or users; investigate incidents, problems and other requests for support and determine appropriate actions to take
- Monitor progress of requests for support and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed
- Provide correct responses to requests for support by means of for example: making modifications to system parameters, developing workarounds or site-specific enhancements, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, training users or operations staff, producing additional documentation, or escalating requests to software suppliers. Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures
- Monitor application systems for which responsible by regular scrutiny of reports from the applications software or the IT team. Note problems and identify performance trends. Where approved, take corrective action to improve performance and to avoid problems arising
- Liaise with software suppliers on the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfil user requirements
- Identify and help make enhancements including functionality changes on internal applications using the provided tools and templates
- Educated to a higher level, with evidence of continuing professional development.
- Relevant development qualification(s),
- Project management qualification(s)
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates broad ICT & Business knowledge and detailed database, and
- business application
- Be able to demonstrate effective troubleshooting skills
- Configuration, management & support knowledge and skills. Will have worked in a relevant environment for a minimum of 2 years to put knowledge into practice
- An effective and experienced communicator, comfortable with working alongside managers and staff at all levels and in all areas of a business
- Clear and concise written and verbal skills and well-developed time management skills
- Experience of MS SQL server
- A comprehensive understanding of databases, with a detailed knowledge of reporting methods and techniques
- Significant experience of working with package applications and database infrastructure within a commercial environment
- A demonstrable understanding of business processes, and of the ways in which organisations can leverage data and information to create business benefit
- Exposure to some Finance applications and payroll processes
- Application Integration
- Tools & techniques
- MS SQL server
- Business Application configuration.
- Data Conversion
- RDB Pronet
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.