The role of the Project Manager is to plan, document, execute and finalise multiple client digital campaigns according to strict deadlines and within budget. This...
Finance Systems Manager
My client is a world leading MSP, they are looking to appoint a Finance Systems Manager to head up their finance team.
The Finance Systems Support Manager is responsible for leading and developing the Finance Systems Support Team (4 people) who provide financial system maintenance and support services to users of such systems; including Payroll, Billings and Credit Services departments.
This will be a hands on team lead role, helping with the resolution of tickets and/or project work as and when required.
The Finance Systems Support Manager will report into the Head of IT Service Management.
- Manages, motivates, and organises team members so that objectives are met
- Uses team to provide a high quality and stable set of finance systems applications delivering significant business benefits
- Ensures that support provided by the team is delivered according to agreed service levels
- Build relationships with vendors, escalating and monitoring support tickets and ensuring high level of customer service
- Clearly articulating IT issues and risks to senior management with the ability to translate IT into business terms
- Providing system configuration and maintenance on my clients financial systems; by becoming an expert on the use of all aspects
- Delivering support to existing finance and business users; investigating and resolving system errors, data discrepancies and queries
- Making customisations to the in-house systems, where agreed and feasible
- Working with team members to Identify and propose system changes, better uses, enhancements and developments and liaising with appropriate vendors, users and the IT Team
- Liaising with 3rd parties on technical issues to resolve user problems where necessary
- Undertake such other comparable duties as may be required from time to time
KEY TASKS (TEAM)
- Receive requests for support from service desk, other service delivery staff and/or users; investigate incidents, problems and other requests for support and determine appropriate actions to take.
- Monitor progress of requests for support and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed
- Provide correct responses to requests for support by means of for example: making modifications to system parameters, developing workarounds or site-specific enhancements, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, training users or operations staff, producing additional documentation, or escalating requests to software suppliers. Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures
- Monitor systems for which responsible by regular scrutiny of reports from the applications software or the IT team. Note problems and identify performance trends. Where approved, take corrective action to improve performance and to avoid problems arising
- Develop and design new reports ensuring that they are reliable, accurate and produced in a timely manner
- Participate in system upgrades, including requirements gathering and documentation, configuration setup, analysis of release notes and testing
- Liaise with software suppliers on the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfil user requirements
- Identify and help make enhancements including functionality changes on in-house developed systems
Educated to a higher level, with evidence of continuing professional development.
Knowledge of ITIL
Relevant development qualification(s)
Project management qualification(s)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates broad ICT knowledge; with an awareness of financial systems and processes.
- Be able to demonstrate effective troubleshooting skills
- Configuration, management & support knowledge and skills. Will have worked in a relevant environment for a minimum of 2 years to put knowledge into practice;
- An effective and experienced communicator, comfortable with working alongside managers and staff at all levels and in all areas of a business.
- Clear and concise written and verbal skills. Well-developed time management skills.
- Experience of MS SQL server,
- A comprehensive understanding of databases, with a detailed knowledge of reporting methods and techniques.
- Experience of Tempest
- Experience of managing teams
- Significant experience of working with package applications/finance systems and database infrastructure within a commercial environment.
- A demonstrable understanding of business processes, and of the ways in which organisations can leverage data and information to create business benefit.
- Exposure to some financial systems and other payroll orientated applications processes. Application Integration
- tools & techniques
- MS SQL server
- Application configuration
- Data Conversion
Judgment/ Decision Making:
- Able to make decisions related to the support of mission critical applications where no precedent exists and which may affect large parts of the company's operations
- Able to deal with all job related matters independently, occasionally seeking expertise or detailed advice from the Head of IT Service Management or peers
- A logical thinker, highly data rational
- Reaches decisions and judgments based upon balanced assessments of the technical, business and human factors involved
- Maintains excellent working relationships with external and internal contacts and provide a high level of customer care
- Maintains goodwill, achieves co-operation, and resolves problems with and between internal contacts and third parties in challenging situations
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to providing excellent customer service, with particular attention to accuracy and detail
- Possesses excellent "people" skills, with a flair for influencing through a variety of styles and methods
- Capable of building strong relationships both within the team and across the wider IT department
Training & presentation experience:
- Highly focused upon the setting and achievement of challenging goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates flexibility with respect to working hours, in the delivery of new systems and services and the maintenance of existing ones.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.