My client is a leading global media advertising agency based in Central London.
They are looking to appoint a Test Engineer to join their London based team.
We are looking for an experienced test engineer, responsible for assisting in the requirements, design, and testing of web applications. Your primary responsibilities will be to write test plans, asses programmatic test execution covers the cases in those test plans, and coordinate test/release schedules with the rest of the development team. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
The primary responsibilities of the position are:
- Coordinate with the requirements engineer and business to produce test plans as part of the initial requirements
- Confirm the design of applications for testability and suggest strategies that will make testing more scalable
- Work with the developers to make the test plans easier to programmatically implement
- Communicate with the business to understand bugs and reproduce them consistently for the development team
- Maintain test plans for any discovered bugs or new/changed functionality
- Confirm prior to each release that all cases described in test plans have been programmatically implemented and passed
- For any new functionality, confirm not only that the programmatic tests have run and passed, but also confirm manually that the functionality matches expectations
Key skills & knowledge:
- Extensive experience writing BDD style test plans
- Experience working with business analysts to understand requirements
- An understanding of how to organize functionality and tests into smoke tests, partial, and full regressions
- An understand of the risks as well as benefits of testing
- Knowledge of frontend frameworks such as React.
- Knowledge of Advertising / Marketing / Media business
- Experience working with teams across multiple physical locations
- Experience working with testing frameworks such as Nunit, Moq, Jest, Enzyme
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Software Engineering related discipline preferred
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.