Financial Controller EMEA 12 month FTC London Our client, a global business, are looking for a Financial Controller. This role will report to the Finance...
Payroll & Finance Executive - Permanent - £40k-£50k - London *Immediate start*
Our client are currently looking for a Payroll and Finance Executive to join their team based in London. You'll work within an Operations Team to carry out payroll and financial tasks.
You'll be responsible for managing and administration of the Payroll and ensuring compliance and accuracy in monthly Payroll activities. You'll be responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of payroll but will also include processing statutory payments, expense monitoring, approval and reimbursement of expense claims.
You'll interact with a number of people within the business including internal stakeholders. You'll have direct exposure to all seniority levels internally.
- Ensure payroll is processed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner
- Accurate preparation of payroll related documents and account reconciliations (e.g. bank reconciliations)
- Administer benefit plans including Pension, Child Care Vouchers and PMI scheme payments
- Ensure compliance with statutory reporting and filing requirements, including P45s, P60s, P11Ds and interpret new legislation impacting payroll
- Manage and resolve issues relating to payroll production (e.g. queries about wages, deductions)
- Review and improve payroll policies and procedures
- Production of Client invoices , reconciliation to internal systems and debtor tracking and monitoring
- Assisting in the submission and approval of staff expense claims in line with the Expense Policy
- Assisting in expediting supplier payments by obtaining relevant approvals
- Data consolidation for VAT returns
Education and Experience:
- Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred or in depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing
- Strong academic background, preferably a degree in Finance or equivalent with a postgraduate finance qualification (ACCA, ACA)
- Preferably member of the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) or the International Association of Book-keepers (IAB) or in depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing (1 to 3 years of experience in a payroll function)
- Proficiency in SAP (preferred - training provided) and familiar with payroll and accounting software
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.