Service Manager - Reading
We are currently recruiting for a Service Manager to join an incubated start up within a large technology consultancy in Reading.
This is an exciting opportunity to own and grow the Service Delivery function of a growing start-up. As the Service Manager you will define and update service delivery processes; this will involve producing process maps and standard operating procedures but could also include desk instructions. You will conduct regular service reviews with both the internal and external service delivery organisations to ensure that they understand their performance against their service delivery obligations.
Service Manager Job Specification
- Responsible for the production and maintenance of detailed Process Maps, Standard Operating Procedures and Desk Instructions for all service delivery processes which include service measurement and control mechanisms for all areas of service delivery
- Ensures that appropriate service delivery performance indicators are implemented in order to monitor and measure the quality of the service delivery against the Key Performance Indicators
- Conduct and document monthly service delivery meetings with internal & external service delivery organisations
- Provide a monthly service delivery report to internal management and key stakeholders which details the performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) targets and the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Produce an annual Business Continuity Plan (BCP) for deployment in response to a Disaster Recovery (DR) event
- Using ITIL methodology, produce weekly reports that capture all incidents and correlate them to problems to enable root cause analysis so the root cause of the failure can be fixed
- Currently in a service delivery management position
- Experience producing process maps and standard operating procedures (SOPs) which incorporate controls and measures
- Good understanding of service delivery models (ITIL/ISO)
- Improving operational delivery processes using BPR techniques and tools e.g Six / Lean Sigma
- Establishing Key Performance Indicators with Service Level targets & Service Level Agreements
- Service management ITIL v3 - Incident, Problem, Change, Availability Management
- Project and Programme Management, proven track record in service design, delivery and operational management
- Information Governance & Assurance
- Use of MS personal productivity tools (email, word, excel, powerpoint, ms-teams, sharepoint etc)
If you have the desired skills and experience and would be interested in finding out more about the opportunity please respond to this advert by following the link below and attaching a copy of your most recent CV. If successful we will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.