UX/UCD Designer Contract £400-£450 per day London Our client, a global business, are looking for a UX/UCD Designer on a contractual basis. We're looking for...
Senior UI Visual Designer - Contract - £500 per day - London
Our client, a global business, are looking for a Senior UI Visual Designer on a contractual basis. We're looking for someone who is passionate about digital design and who has knowledge of where aesthetic look and feel overlaps with behavioural experience.
You'll be joining a newly formed product department and working on a massive programme. You'll be involved in designing and evolving a brand new platform of tools.
This role offers the unique opportunity to be a part of a new product team, working to shape and influence a product from the very early stages.
You'll have worked on projects where UX research and testing have played a part into your visual design process through to delivery. You'll be a strong advocate of evidence-based visual design decision-making; through data, research, observation and insight.
We're looking for someone who is hands-on and eager to get their fingers into creating and iterating core visual design components, page designs and flows, design system rationale and specification documentation.
You'll have experience of the following:
- Industry experience working within a digital process/function, either client or agency-side (or preferably a combination) in UI design roles
- This is not a UX role, but you'll be collaborating with IA and UX specialists
- Working with Agile, Lean UX methodologies and concept of MVP
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate visual design process, ideas, and solutions to teams and internal stakeholders
- Worked with Product Managers, the business and technical teams to determine different approaches to support business solutions
You'll be able to show and talk through examples in your portfolio that demonstrate:
- Design system thinking rather than bespoke design work
- Responsive product, service or desktop platform design
- UCD approach to UI visual design, iterating interfaces with an attention to detail on pushing the UX patterns to create the most simple, elegant experiences
- Designing visual design systems and style guidelines
- Iconography design - creation from scratch
- Rationale on your design thinking is as important as the visual design itself; we'd like to hear the visual storytelling behind your design work
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.