UX/UCD Designer Contract £400-£450 per day London Our client, a global business, are looking for a UX/UCD Designer on a contractual basis. We're looking for...
UX Designer - Permanent - between £25k-£35k - Southampton
Our client are currently looking for a UX Designer to join their fast growing Digital team in Southampton.
You'll be working to support the UX Lead, product management and development teams. You'll play a pivotal role in researching and designing user centred enterprise applications.
This role will require travel between Southampton and London.
- Support the UX Lead in all areas of User Experience research and design
- Take ownership of ongoing improvements across the product suite to support the long-term strategy and improve the User Experience
- Develop user personas, wireframes and full mock-ups as required in support of feature/product specification
- Provide simple, intuitive and elegant solutions to complex workflows and data visualisation
- Play an active role in collecting user feedback on the UX and general usability of the products to feed directly into product roadmaps, advocating a UX-led approach to development
- Stay abreast of current design trends, tools and technologies
Skills and experience required
- Previous experience as a UX designer in a professional role
- UX design experience for software/web applications
- Demonstrable experience in user research, product design, practical application of user centric thinking, information architecture, understanding accessibility needs and prototyping & testing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of common software project management practices
- Understanding of common software development practices (e.g. Agile/SCRUM)
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.