C# .NET Developers | £35k £75k | Disruptive E-commerce! | SW LondonA fast-growing, dynamic software company in London who are disrupting the Hospitality industry are...
Python Developer - London
My client a leading hedgefund are looking for a Python Developer to join their ever growing team in their London office. This Python Developer will have a strong background in building significant systems and packages in Python code.
The Python Developer will ideally come from a Capital Markets or other trading environments (e.g spread-betting).
The key duties and responsibilities for the Python role are:
- Build tools and extend the existing application platforms that utilise the quantitative models using the python stack.
- Responsible for all phases of the technology life cycle including specific subject matter knowledge of the design and development of the project.
- Provide BAU support to existing applications, refactor and improve the legacy codebase.
- Work closely with trading and quants to build pricing tool and models to support commodity trading.
- Work closely with existing IT team to integrate models, platforms and front ends within the existing grid solutions.
- Advising on and implementing the architecture, data model, and system design and interfacing requirements for the platform.
Skills and Competencies:
- Fluent in Python for building significant packages and systems.
- Experience in working within a technology team, in a functional institution.
- Commitment to continuous integration, TDD and other SDLC best practices.
- Proven track record in software design, development and support
- Excellent debugging skills and proven track record in using development best practises, clean code practises and TDD.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.