Senior BI Engineer We are currently looking for a Senior BI Engineer to join a world leading media business in central London on a permanent...
My client a leading hedgefund are looking for a Quant Engineer to join their ever growing team in their London office. This Quant Engineer will have a strong background in building significant systems and packages in Python code.
This role will suit a RAD Developer, Pyhon Engineer looking to go into a Quant Role. This Quant Engineer will have clear career progression to reach their potential with a possibility in becoming a Portfolio Manager.
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) new datasets into our data pipeline
- Develop and architect the data pipeline codebase
- Optimise existing processes, ensuring robust and timely operation
- Ensure data fed into investment strategies meets specified standards
- Accurately explain unusual system behaviour through knowledge of data and algorithms
- Understand and manage software used across signal generation
- Contribute and lead projects that will result in changes to data, algorithms or software used by our investment strategies.
- Take ownership of and solve real-time problems.
- Strength in Python, with experience using pandas
- Proficient in SQL; confident in exploring SQL databases and creating ad hoc queries
- Experience with version control software, preferably Git
- Extensive experience working with software within a commercial environment
- Experience working at the interface of data, technology and business demands.
- Team player and a quick learner
- A practical approach to independent problem solving.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.