Data Scientist Machine Learning / AIMy client an advanced Machine Learning Analytical business are looking to hire both technically gifted and business focused Data Scientists...
My client is one of the world's largest global communications groups, they stretch across media, creative, CRM, PR, healthcare, entertainment.
They are looking to appoint a Data Manager on a permanent basis.
You will be reporting to the Head of Data, but also you will have access and exposure to the Analytics Director and the Head of Performance. You will lead on campaign reporting and work with a wide range of stakeholders across the team and client. This is a great career development opportunity for a pro-active, confident, articulate, and rigorous self-starter.
The role requires a strong analytical background, and the ability to interact, challenge and influence credibly at senior levels. You will be able to apply a broad range of data engineering and visualisation skills to provide timely and accurate dashboard reporting.
You will warehouse media performance data in the Google Cloud Platform, and you will provide Data Studio dashboards and training to enable self-service. Externally you will transfer clean, aggregated data to my clients reporting tool. You will build client-facing dashboards alongside their own data sources, e.g. brand metrics, store footfall, site visits, etc.
- Design and support ETL processes that manage data coming in from multiple data sources and creating and optimising SQL tables and visualising the output in reporting dashboards
- Maintain an ongoing perspective on key trends impacting the business, identifying specific implications and raising these with relevant senior managers
- Create visually appealing and insightful presentations that share information in a highly efficient manner. This may take the form of reporting tools, PowerPoint presentations, or interactive workshops
- Act as a sounding board on performance issues to senior management
- Working side-by-side with the Performance team, you will be unstoppable in client and agency meetings driving the data-driven agenda
- Working with all teams in the business, you will help to unlock opportunities to do more work - be it new opportunities in data science (e.g. machine learning) or exploring innovation in marketing effectiveness
- You will place the client's needs at the heart of all reporting and build strong, meaningful relationships with client peers and keep in tune with client satisfaction levels and their perception of us as leaders and trusted advisors.
- Work seamlessly with both Planning and Performance teams to ensure brilliant thinking is underpinned by accurate data and insight
What is required?
- Undergraduate or higher degree in a numerate subject (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years' experience in a data analytics or engineering role, ideally agency-side or a client-side marketing effectiveness team
- Strong knowledge of data visualisation tools (e.g. Avora / Tableau / Data Studio).
- Strong Excel skills - pivot tables, vlookups
- Strong SQL skills, especially joining and aggregating data accurately
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. Python / PHP / VBA / Other)
- Experience with statistical software (e.g. R / SAS / Other) would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Digital Attribution and the application thereof (desirable)
- Proficient handling of large datasets (e.g. GCP / AWS / Other)
- Experience using brand, consumer and market research data generated by tools used in media planning - including 1st and 3rd party data
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.