Senior Product Designer £40-45K My client is a leading technology platform and is on mission is to help students transition from university to their first...
Head of Product (Data Platform) - Permanent - £120,000k - London
Our client, a well-known retailer, are currently looking for a Head of Product to come in and manage a brand new cloud-based data platform.
The Data Platform team is responsible for building and driving business value from this data platform.
The Data Platform has been built on a state-of-the-art, cloud-based tech stack. There is huge scope to shape the direction of the Data Platform.
- Leading day-to-day decisions on new technologies and approach
- Building out the data platform team
- Setting strategy, vision and direction
- Communicating the data vision, progress, and deliverables to management and other
- Instilling the right culture and approach, relating to DevOps, Technology, Team Operations
- Owning commercials relating to data platform and data project team. Negotiating with
- vendors, understanding the true cost of team and execution, and driving towards proving
- specific and holistic ROI
- Prioritisation and project management
- Coordinating legal review, with internal counsel, and security reviews, with internal Data
- Security Officer, where relevant
Knowledge and experience
- Product management experience, capable of defining a "data as a product" vision
- Senior stakeholder influence
- Leadership, able to recruit, train, retain and motivate a team to deliver
- An understanding of all or parts of the data domain, including data governance, data
- architecture, data modelling, data engineering, data delivery, data quality, master data, and the role of data to enable analytics, reporting and business intelligence
- Experience with the modern data, analytics and business intelligence tools, e.g., Azure,
- Snowflake, Databricks, Looker, PowerBI, Tableau
- Experience with rapid development methodologies, e.g., Agile, SCRUM, Kanban
- Degree qualified, likely in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Information Systems, Mathematics or a related field.
- SQL/Python, able to design and implement well-structured scripts. These should follow industry best practice and be easily scalable and human readable.
- Experience operating with an engineering, agile and DevOps mindset. Technical expertise with Git, Jira, etc.
- Worked in some capacity on a project involving open source tech i.e. Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Mongo, Airflow etc
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.