Technical Project Manager (Mid Weight role)A client of ours is a leading media advertising agency in Central London.The role includes defining, planning, managing, reporting on...
Technical Product Owner - Contract Role
We are looking for a Technical Product Owner to join a global media business in central London on a contract basis.
The Technical Product Owner will be responsible for the definition, development and on-going enhancement of one or more platform components within the Innovation, Engineering and Architecture function.
- Key accountability for definition and delivery of robust and scalable platform components based around a discrete domain within the architecture
- Work hand in glove with 'business facing' Product Owners to understand end to end user journeys that deliver business value and assist them in decomposing this into a set of new/enhanced capabilities that are required of a variety of platform components
- Work with Technology engineers, operations and architects to ensure the non-functional requirements and options for significant 'under the cover' technical investment are understood in order to drive long term flexibility, maintainability, extensibility and a smooth running operation of the component in production
- Ensure that the functional and non functional capabilities are appropriated identified, prioritised and delivered maintaining a trade-off between delivering required features for business facing epics and non functional / hygiene factors
- Create, manage and communicate the short, medium and long term roadmap for your component and ensure alignment to business defined milestones and deliveries
- Work with the Scrum Master and delivery teams assigned to your platform component to break down epics/user stories providing sufficient detail and acceptance criteria, allowing development to commence and all aspects of the feature / capability to be tested in a fully automated manner
- Ensure your platform component aligns to the agreed non-functional requirements, provides diagnostics and is delivered with a first class ability to rapidly identify, fix and deploy in reaction to production issues
- Work with Technical Authors to ensure that appropriate documentation is created for the platform component to allow long term maintainability and extensibility; and for all APIs / interfaces to facilitate integration with the component
- Ensure security and data privacy is embedded by design in all aspects of the component build and run lifecycle
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; ideally in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline
- Experience in product and engineering management in a complex environment
- Experience from organisation with strong software engineering ethos
- Ideally experience from a number of industries, such as Financial Services, Gaming / Gambling, Media / Advertising, Retail / ecommerce.
- Experience with online collaboration tools such as Office365 and the Atlassian toolset
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to effectively communicate between business leaders and tech talent pool demonstrating stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Strong understanding of market trends and best practices within technology and technical product management
- Skilled at defining and prioritising technical product initiatives in a complex architecture
- Demonstrates and adheres to the values as below;
If you have the desired skills and experience and would be interested in finding out more please respond to this advert by following the link below and attaching a copy of your most recent CV. If successful we will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.