Our client is a high quality performance wear brand who lead the field within their market. They operate a unique business model selling their stylish and distictive apparel direct to customers via a global network of retail/lifestyle stores as well as their own website.
As part of their ongoing growth they are recruiting for a Data Scientist to work within their Business Insight division, located at their head office in central London. This business has a wealth of data and following on from some early external work are looking to bring this capability in-house.
- Work with stakeholders across all departments and regions to gather and document project requirements
- Mine data from the SQL data warehouse and modern data sources such as Google BigQuery and REST API's to develop data models for analytics projects
- Provide sophisticated Machine Learning models across many areas of the business with projects including but not limited to; segmentation, forecasting, propensity and churn modelling.
- Help the business interpret and draw conclusions from the data and work with them to take the right decisions
- Assist the BI team in building Power BI reporting and visualizations during busy periods or where appropriate to the ML project in progress.
- Contribute to bespoke analysis projects as defined by senior stakeholders
- Build relationships throughout the business to help them understand, exploit and get value from our data
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- 3+ years' experience as a data scientist or statistician
- Experience with R, Python or other data science platforms
- Experience with Power BI, Tableau or other reporting platforms
- Degree-educated in computational subject (2:1 or above) or STEM
- Proven ability to deliver data science projects that have delivered business outcomes
- Ability to interpret business requirements and translate into data solutions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain technical concepts to business users
- Ability to mentor junior members of the team and share their experience
- Exposure to data systems in a retail environment
- A passion or strong affinity with active sports.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.