C# .NET Software Developers Consultancy (Microsoft Partner) | LONDONA niche transformation technology consultancy in London are entering a high-growth period and looking to recruit 2...
My client is a leading global media advertising agency based in Central London.
They are looking to appoint a BI Developer to join their London based team.Position Overview
We are looking for a BI Developer to help evolve our approach to client reporting. We plan advertising communications for our clients, covering traditional channels such as TV and radio, and data-rich digital channels such as PPC and Social. Together with our clients we want to understand how we are getting on - we want to know what is working and what is not. We need to adapt quickly, making sure we do more of the good stuff. This means we need timely and meaningful information at our finger tips.
Our reporting needs to link different audiences and media channels across the whole marketing communications journey, from first exposure to that final sale. This means combining multiple data sources, generating meaningful insight and adding value through creative visualisation. Once that's done we need to scale and automate the whole operation.Key Responsibilities
The BI Developer will work within a dedicated team data engineers and visualisation specialists, also liaising with key internal, client and 3rd party contacts.
Some of the duties include:
- Consulting with internal teams and clients, collecting and interpreting reporting needs
- Planning, designing and deploying reporting and visualisation solutions
- Developing and implementing ETL solutions and implementing database solutions
- Maintaining data infrastructure, including database performance optimisation
- Assisting with the debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting of all solutions
- Developing and implementing best practices and guidelines for data management
- Maintaining industry knowledge and vendor relationships
- Developing and maintaining reporting documentation and code repositories
- Advanced understanding of data architecture and IT infrastructure
- Advanced SQL skills, with the ability to write complex queries to mine and transform data
- Understanding of the Microsoft SQL Server and Azure technology stacks
- Experienced user of ETL tools, such as Microsoft SSIS and or Azure Data Factory
- Experience with at least one major data visualisation platform (Tableau or PowerBI preferable)
- Experience designing and developing approaches to maintaining data quality
- Self-starter and motivator with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to quickly learn and understand new business models and environments
- The ability to achieve high quality results by paying attention to detail
- A natural desire to share knowledge and teach others
- An understanding of the digital media landscape, it's typical data sources and reporting challenges
- Database performance optimisation skills
- Development skills in common scripting/automation technologies (e.g. Python or Visual Basic)
- Development skills in C#
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.