Sophis Business AnalystA commodities business based in central London is currently looking for a Sophis Business Analyst to join their team on a contract basis.Working...
Application Support Analyst
My client is a leading MSP business based in the Luton area. They are looking to appoint an Application Support Analyst on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for IT application support activities including maintenance, administration, and second- and third-line support. They will work closely with the IT Managed Services to provide second and third line operational support and to ensure timely and efficient resolution of IT application-related incidents and service requests.
When requested by the Change Managers, the Application Support Analyst will support the process of impact assessingand planning IT application changes, and will then implement, test and monitor required changes in line with agreed change plans and projects
- Resolve IT application-related incidents, service requests and problems in a timely and efficient manner in line with Business requirements.
- Employ appropriate application maintenance, support and incident management processes and procedures to support and maintain IT applications, and to investigate and resolve IT application-related incidents and problems.
- As required, provide timely communication to users on the status of their service requests and incidents.
- As necessary, liaise with IT suppliers to ensure IT application-related incidents and problems are resolved in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure problem prevention methods are continually applied to improve service levels and reduce costs.
- Work with the Business Operations and Back end functions to ensure IT Applications are being utilised and deployed across the operation with the appropriate governance.
- Undertake IT application-related problem diagnosis, implementing problem resolution or prevention measures as appropriate.
- Monitor the availability, performance and throughput of supported IT applications.
- Prioritise and schedule assigned support activities and tasks.
- Maintain IT application support technical documentation.
- Participate in disaster recovery activities as required and assist the Head of IT Projects in the delivery of IT Applications and systems to the business
- Work with the Change Managers/Project Manager to review and impact new business requirements.
- Contribute to technical aspects of key change documentation such as business requirements, change impact assessments, change implementation plans, change tickets, change roll-out plans etc.
- Ensure capacity, availability, security and service support requirements are considered in all IT application changes.
- Implement, test and monitor required IT application changes in line with change implementation plans.
- Ensure IT application changes meet the agreed service acceptance criteria.
- Understand and comply with the IT organisation requirements, processes, procedures and policies.
- Share knowledge and expertise with others, coaching and supporting team members as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your line manager.
- Undertake knowledge management activities: identifying, controlling and storing any pertinent information, and maintaining knowledge items to ensure that they are current, relevant and valid.
- Ensure that all activities are performed at a consistently high standard with minimal risk to the CSS, and that opportunities to improve services and processes are identified and actioned.
- Carry out ad hoc duties as requested by appropriate managers within your department.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Databases & basic network configuration
- Working Knowledge of IT Hardware and Software
- Ability to learn and master employer-specific software
- Ability to diagnose & address application issues
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power Bi
- Reliable and adaptable
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- A thorough and organised approach
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- Maintain productive, professional and secure working environment
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.