An innovative satellite communications company are seeking a Satcom Systems Engineer to provide technical and commercial expertise to their customers.The candidate will be responsible for...
Are you interested in working for a leading and innovative satellite communications organisation, designing, developing and operating state-of-the-art solutions and systems?
This Senior Security Systems Engineer will assist with the security design and implementation of satellite systems and their telemetry, tracking and command (TT&C) networks and component parts; providing advice on the design, procurement and implementation of secure satellite networks, particularly their TT&C systems and cryptographic component parts.
With a number of offices across the UK and a strong global brand, there is huge scope for career progression, training and development as well as flexible working options.
- Establish and/or provide advice on security requirements for satellite systems.
- Undertake the top-level design of secure satellite communications system architectures.
- Advise clients on the implementation of Security Policy, Security Management Systems and Security Controls.
- Carry out security risks assessments of such architectures to establish both the security measures and strength of measures required.
- Provide advice to clients on the implementation of security measures through technical, physical and personnel means.
- Provide advice to clients on the design, development and implementation of secure TT&C systems.
- Provide advice to clients to support the procurement and contract of secure satellite systems.
- Provide advice to clients on the evaluation and certification of security components.
- Ensure compliance to appropriate security standards and security evaluation and certification requirements.
- Support a secure communications study involving the use of quantum techniques for cryptographic key distribution.
- Attend, and constructively contribute to, meetings with customers and partners.
- Graduate with a good Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject (e.g. telecommunications, communications security, satellite engineering). Equivalent qualifications and/or experience can be considered as an alternative
- Practical experience in the application of ISO27001/2 (or equivalent) and implementation of Security Management Systems within projects of various sizes
- The person will have >5 years of experience of security systems engineering on communications systems
- System level design and assessment of secure communications networks particularly those that include over-the-air interfaces
- Good understanding of the evaluation, certification of secure government and military communications networks (and component parts) through, for example, Common Criteria (CC) and the NCSC Assisted Product Scheme (CAPS)
- Good understanding of cryptographic systems including key management
If this role matches your current skills and you are looking to work as an integral part of a highly focused team, then please apply now!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.