An innovative satellite communications company are seeking a Satcom Systems Test Engineer to support the ongoing test programmes that are necessary to ensure mission success.This...
Are you interested in working for a leading and innovative satellite communications organisation, designing, developing and operating state-of-the-art solutions and systems?
This Systems Consultant will assist with the design and modelling of satellite networks and of supported communications services, as well as establishing the requirements, high level system design and performance for advanced satellite communications networks and supported communications services.
With a number of offices across the UK and a strong global brand, there is huge scope for career progression, training and development as well as flexible working options.
- Carry out modelling and establish and validate requirements for satellites networks based on end user needs
- Develop and maintain link budgets using basic and more advanced statistical techniques
- Undertake top-level capacity design of satellite communications networks and related communications services
- Contribute to the high-level system design of satellite networks including GEO, MEO and LEO satellites
- Simulation of satellite communications networks in support of the above
- Ensure network design adherence to appropriate standards and particularly ITU regulations
- Attend, and constructively contribute to, meetings with customers and partners
- Undertake other appropriate duties as directed by authorised managers
- Graduate with a good Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Electronics, communications). Equivalent qualifications and/or experience can be considered as an alternative
- >5 years of experience of modelling communications networks
- Ability to establish network capacity and high-level architectural network requirements based on user needs
- Simulation and modelling of satellite networks in support of the above (including both space and ground parts of the network)
- Good understanding and experience of satellite communications network system design for LEO. MEO and GEO systems
- Knowledge of the resources planning and delivery of communications services over satellite networks.
- Knowledge of the operating framework used by satellite communications/telecommunications operators for service delivery (e.g. eTOM)
- Experience in design and assessing software, firmware and hardware solutions within an overall system design
- Experience and knowledge of security architecture design principles and their application to system design
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding role, then please apply now!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.