An innovative satellite communications company are seeking a Satcom Systems Engineer to provide technical and commercial expertise to their customers.The candidate will be responsible for...
An innovative satellite communications company are seeking a Satcom Systems Test Engineer to support the ongoing test programmes that are necessary to ensure mission success.
This role will typically require development of the verification/test strategy which encompasses sub-system acceptance, integration and end to end system testing of cutting-edge satellite communications networks.
The candidate is expected to work closely with clients through the test campaigns that will precede Communications Service Launch.
- Development and execution of overall test strategy, test plans and procedures for complex mobile and fixed satcom networks.
- Development and execution of test cases which incorporate satellite payload, ground systems, satellite radio networks, IP and service networks, OSS and BSS technologies
- Identifying and troubleshooting system communication paths and capacity performance, as well as conducting post-test data analysis and reporting
- Create test reports to document issues and assist development with the investigation and resolution of issues
- Review/comment on testability issues, obvious design flaws, anticipate data collection points and develop plans for and conduct anomaly test and analysis as required
- Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline (e.g., Electronics/Communication Systems).
- Testing experience in a variety of environments/venues, (stand-alone/integrated testing, factory acceptance testing and operational networks)
- Experience of planning test campaigns, conducting tests, collecting and analysing data from tests, communicating results and anomalies to test management and the customer through both presentations and formal test reports
- Experience in the troubleshooting of network, RF signal connection and protocol problems
- Experience and knowledge of IP Network design, including routing and VoIP
- Skills necessary to evaluate network hardware, software, algorithms and processes to verify and characterize the network capability
- Knowledge of test tools such as Wireshark, Spirent or equivalent
- Experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity and performance analysis, and system architecture design
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding role, then please apply now!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.