An innovative satellite communications company are seeking a Satcom Systems Test Engineer to support the ongoing test programmes that are necessary to ensure mission success.This...
An innovative satellite communications company are seeking a Satcom Systems Engineer to provide technical and commercial expertise to their customers.
The candidate will be responsible for undertaking communications systems engineering tasks on advanced satellite communications networks and supported communications services.
- Carry out modelling and establish and validate requirements for satellites networks based on end user needs
- End to end communications design and development incorporating RF systems, IP networks, OSS/BSS technology and development to realise end to end service networks.
- Requirements analysis and assessment of supplier solutions to meet communications systems requirements.
- Communications system test strategy development and VV&T plan documentation
- Ground segment engineering/terminal design and development
- Communications payload engineering design and test
- Preparation of concept of operations and service delivery documentation
- Graduate with a good Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Electronics, communications). Equivalent qualifications and/or experience can be considered as an alternative
- Experience in satcoms systems engineering with a knowledge of system design, ground segment design, satellite operations and payload engineering
- Experience in IP networking, protocols and security of data.
- Thorough understanding of communications systems and associated engineering concepts
- Strong practical knowledge of systems engineering practices from requirements engineering through design/development and on to VV&T
- Experience in developing requirements systems design documentation, test plans and procedures and operational procedures
- Proven track record of identifying and solving problems
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding role, then please apply now!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.