Big Data Engineer Permanent up to £75k LondonOur client, a multi-national consultancy, are looking for a Big Data Engineer to join their London based Technology...
A leading, sector-focused global law firm with 400 partners, 2000 legal professionals and 3600 staff is looking to appoint a Data Solution Engineer. There core global sectors position it at the heart of global trade and commerce: insurance, trade & commodities, energy, transport and infrastructure.
The mission of the Enterprise Data and Reporting team is to design, build, and maintain data and reporting technologies that enable the firm to quickly and efficiently query and use management information, business intelligence, and various forms of data. The Data Solution Engineer enables this mission by designing, developing and managing key business databases and integrations using SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting. This role requires an excellent understanding of the business of law, database administration, data integrations, and solutions to data-related issues.
Data Solutions Engineering and Database Administration
- Work within the existing DBA team to provide standard DBA functions to manage the global SQL Server
- Act as global lead for database issues, instructing IT staff world-wide and assisting where relevant, to meet local
- Assist in translating business needs and architectural requirements into commensurate database requirements.
- Develop database build and deploy standard operating procedures and runbook materials.
- Deploy, maintain and support reliable, secure and scalable bespoke databases, SSIS Packages, Analytics and SSRS
- Undertake ETL operations to accurately import, convert and extract bulk data and documents from existing and new
Database Performance and Availability
- Maintain the SQL Database platform, ensuring that upgrades and patches are applied appropriately and EOSL
- versions deprecated as relevant.
- Monitor the enterprise database estate/SQL environment for performance, availability and errors.
- Troubleshoot the global database estate as necessary to optimise databases and the SQL server environment while
- ensuring high-availability and performance.
- Improve operational stability across the global database estate whilst reducing the costs and overhead associated
- with deployment, maintenance and support.
OneZeero is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.