Senior BI Developer Permanent up to £80k DOE LondonOur client, a global media and advertising network, are looking for a strong Senior BI Developer to...
BI Engineer - Permanent - up to £70k - London
Our client, a marketing consultancy, are looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis in London.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- You'll be working closely with stakeholders to translate the business requirements into a technical output for building models. You'll be using LookML.
- You will work to understand the domain knowledge of our customers (Advertising space)
- Share your knowledge of these tools through co-development and training sessions for client
- You will be taking part in deployments of models to our prod and pre-prod systems
- Be the go-to looker expert for client projects
- You will be participating in the design of big data warehouses and advise on infrastructure decisions. You will be working with the architects and engineers on this bit.
- Thrive in working on different projects at the same time
- You will be a very hands on developer and expected to work across our core languages (Python, SQL, LookML)
You'll have previous experience in:
- Building semantic data models in RDBMs or BigData
- You are a SQL guru, and have worked with the RDBMs in the past
- You have worked with tools like (JF knows - says it is an old one) in the past.
- You have proven track of quickly learning the domain knowledge. You can visualize and explain this knowledge in diagrams and appropriate artefacts.
- Proven analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong proficiency in SQL
- Experience translating business requirements into technical solutions
- Experience with BI tools in a business environment
- Be able to communicate complex ideas in a simple way to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to learn new tools and assimilated knowledge quickly
- Previous experience with Looker (desired)
- Experience with all or any cloud-based data warehouse; BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift (desired)
- Familiarity with GCP and/or AWS (desired)
- You have experience with visualisation tools like Tableau and Looker (desired)
- You can write Python; you will be using it as a tool to speed up your work (desired)
OneZeero is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.