Senior UI Designer
My client is one of the UK's most innovative travel businesses and they are looking for an amazing UI Designer to join their team on a permanent basis.
You'll help lead the visual design across all my client's digital touchpoints. From responsive websites, to mobile applications. We are looking for a designer who can use their creative flair and commercial knowledge to take my clients design system to the next level.
We're looking for someone to:
- Develop original and exciting creative concepts that bring simplicity, usability and accessibility to complex interactive design problems
- Execute strong visual screen designs and intuitive user interfaces for responsive web, native mobile apps, and other standalone screens
- Champion the principles of user-centred design, and know how to apply them in a commercial environment
- Communicate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, site maps, mock-ups and prototypes, and justify the rationale behind design decisions, including using test results as evidence where necessary
- Exploit the full potential of design elements and detailing (through micro-interactions, animation, state transitions, motion) to aid the usability and elevate the customer experience
- Keep ahead of new ideas in visual / interactive design to share with the team and incorporate into the design solution
- Work closely with UX and other cross-functional teams and collaborate with Product owners / stakeholders across the business to understand and interpret the business requirements, and understand the target audiences' behaviour and needs
- Co-design with UX researchers and run user-testing sessions on your final designs, ensuring usability is optimised at every point from micro-interactions to large scale feature developments
- Participate in critique sessions aimed at improving the overall quality and user experience of the project
- Provide verbal and written UI documentation and design assets to help developers implement the designs
- Own and manage designs throughout their lifecycle, pairing with developers to transform wireframes and prototypes into functioning products
- Work closely with the brand and marketing teams to evolve my client's brand, ensuring digital designs are consistent with guidelines
- Recruit UI and other specialist freelancers where necessary, directing their activity and support them on the delivery and mentor the junior members of the design team
- A natural flair for consistency, composition, colour and a keen eye for the small details
- To be a motivated self-starter and creative problem solver who has original ideas and can come up with new angles on design challenges.
- An expert in a variety of design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch, InVision tools and other prototyping software
- Excellent communication skills and ability to rationalise design decisions with stakeholders and non-technical colleagues
- Strong experience in designing transactional journeys as well as developing marketing content
- Deep knowledge of solid design principles and how to apply them in a commercial environment
- Enthusiasm to learn new design technologies and methodologies
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your end-to-end creative process and thinking, as well as showcasing your visual design ability - across both native mobile apps and web
- Proven experience of using data and insights to inform design decisions
Whats on offer? Travel benefits, exclusive discounts and perks and a great pension scheme.
OneZeero is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted