Lead Python Engineer - Hedge Fund - Remote Onboarding
I'm looking for a Tech Lead with senior advanced Python programming skills to join a Hedge Fund in London that trades commodities such as Oil, Gas, Power and LNG. The Senior Python Developer will already be working for Commodities Trading Firms or other financial services. We are based in the heart of London near multiple resturants and coffee shops - but why go outside when you can enjoy are in house expresso machine with in house barista :-)
You will be leading a team of engineers on a derivatives trading desk. Due to the rapid growth of functionality and several years of successful delivery we are seekiing senior engineer who can add a more quantitative dimension to our existing team. We are looking for Mid level to lead Python Developer as we have multiple roles with this client. We are looking for really strong technical Python Developers who also have C# experience. You will be working on greenfield projects alongside Data Scientist, Quants and Traders. The role will start off remote till further notice. The Python Engineer will be either working on the Power or Gas trading desk. We are looking for the best Python Developers in Europe!
Skills: The ideal candidate will have most of the following skills below
- Senior Python programming skills - NumPy & Pandas libaries
- Good knowledge of C#
- Experience interfacing with mathematial pricing models
- Support Agile software development: Continious delivery, automated testing, pair programming code review, etc.
- Worked in trading enviroments - developing complex business oriented functionality with limited or fluid requirements
- Python programming experience in a commercial environment.
- Passionate about writing clean code and finiding solution for complex problems
- GitHub experience
- SQL Server 2014 or later
- MongoDB (interfacing from Python).
- Commodities / Energy front office trading experience
Degree in a scientific, computing or engineering (numerate) discipline or equivalent experience.
Please apply now for a confidential discussion about the role :-)
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.
your application has been submitted